- This event has passed.
First Workshop on Software Co-Design Actions in European Flagship HPC Codes in Conjunction with ISC 2022
2. June 2022 @ 14:00 - 18:00
We are pleased to present to the European CoE community the first Workshop on Software Co-Design Actions in European Flagship HPC Codes scheduled in conjunction with ISC High Performance (ISC) on June 2nd in Hamburg, Germany. Organised by FocusCoE, SiPearl, Arm Ltd and NVIDIA, this workshop focuses specifically on software co-design actions applied to production-grade community-wide European flagship HPC applications. Scientists representing MaX, EoCoE, POP, BioExcel, TREX, and RAISE Centres of Excellence will share their experiences and lessons learnt in software co-design, which remains a ‘must-do’ to address a complex and dynamic HPC technology landscape with a rich portfolio of choices across CPU architectures and accelerators.
We encourage any in-person participants of ISC to attend the workshop live!
See the schedule below and access the full list of abstracts HERE. Then stay tuned after the event for our News article
including workshop highlights and presentation materials!
- 2:00pm – Welcome Remarks
- 2:05pm – Co-design with Proxy-Apps: A match made in heaven?
- Jens Domke (RIKEN R-CCS) [Invited Speaker]
- 2:30pm – Performance Assessment and Energy Efficiency of MaX Codes
- Daniele Cesarini (CINECA, MaX)
- 3:00pm – Alya – computational fluid dynamics on exascale GPU hardware for the wind community
- Herbert Owen (BSC, EoCoE)
- 3:30pm – Resources for co-design in the POP CoE
- Xavier Teruel (BSC, POP)
- 4:00pm – Coffee Break
- 4:30pm – HPC codesign in GROMACS
- Szilárd Páll (KTH, BioExcel)
- 5:00pm – Co-Designing a high performance and portable library (QMCKL): one of the major challenges addressed by TREX CoE
- William Jalby (UVSQ, TREX)
- 5:30pm – Performance analysis and code optimizations for distributed training of autoencoders
- Rakesh Sarma (JSC, RAISE)
- 5:55pm – Final Remarks
- Filippo Spiga, Alliance Manager and Developer Relations at NVIDIA Ltd
- Jean-Marc Denis, Chief Strategy Officer at SiPearl
- Conrad Hillairet, HPC Engineer at Arm
- Guy Lonsdale, scapos AG / FocusCoE Coordinator
Workshop Programme Committee Members
- Edouard Audit, chair of HPC3 and Director of Maison de Simulation at CEA
- Jean-Pierre Panziera, Chairman of ETP4HPC and Chief Technology Director for High Performance Computing at ATOS
- Lilith Axner, Director of the EuroCC National Competence Center Sweden (ENCCS)
- Dirk Pleiter, PDC Center for High Performance Computing and Professor of Computer Science at KTH
- Estela Suarez, Senior Scientist at JSC and Professor at University of Bonn
- Carlo Cavazzoni, Head of Computational R&D, and Director of the HPC Lab at Leonardo Company ul